· 4 cups of chicken-style broth (preferred) or vegetable broth
· 1 cup arborio rice
· 1 onion, diced
· 1 garlic clove, minced
· 1 cup sweet potato purée (see instructions below)
· ½ block Aviva smoked gouda-style cheese, shredded
· Arugula or sprouts to garnish
1. To make the sweet potato purée: Steam a peeled sweet potato cut in cubes for 10-15 in a steamer. Purée and set aside 1 cup for the recipe
2. Sautee onion in a pan or pot with a bit of oil over medium heat, until translucent
3. Add garlic and rice and add broth one ladle at a time as it gets absorbed. Stir each time. This will take around 20 minutes.
4. Add sweet potato and gouda style cheeze. Stir well.
5. Garnish with arugula or sprouts